March 3, 2021
Farm Credit East recently released its 2021 Insights & Perspectives report which includes market outlooks for multiple sectors, including dairy, grain, greenhouse and nursery, fisheries, and forest products. This year’s report also includes a cybersecurity update.
“As we’ve seen in the past year, Northeast farmers, commercial fishermen and forest products businesses are resilient and continue to think strategically about their businesses and adjust as necessary,” said Mike Reynolds, Farm Credit East CEO. “Farm Credit East aims to provide producers with the knowledge and expertise needed to inform their business decisions, so we’ve tapped into our network of experts, both internal and external, to produce this year’s report. We hope it provides useful insights for producers to effectively manage their operations.”
The report’s first article is an update from Farm Credit East Director of Knowledge Exchange, Chris Laughton, on the state of Northeast agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products. Following are six short outlook papers from academic and industry thought leaders, including:
- Cybersecurity Outlook by Deanna Pellegrino, Farm Credit East
- Dairy Outlook by Christopher Wolf, Cornell University
- Grain and Oilseeds Outlook by Kenneth Scott Zuckerberg, CoBank
- Northeast Fisheries Outlook by John Sackton, Seafood.com News
- Green Industry Outlook by Dr. Charles Hall, Texas A&M University
- Northeast Forest Products Outlook by Paul Jannke, Forest Economic Advisors
To view the report, titled 2021 Insights and Perspectives, visit FarmCreditEast.com.