What is an AgEnhancement Grant?
Each year, Northeast agricultural credit associations and CoBank award grants ranging from $500 to $10,000 to help organizations promote awareness and strengthen agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products in the six New England states, New York and New Jersey. Since its inception in 1996, the Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program has awarded more than two million dollars in grants to organizations across the Northeast. Learn more about the projects we support and what some of the recipients say about the AgEnhancement Grants.
Programs that promote and strengthen the agriculture, forest products or commercial fishing industries in any of the following ways:
- Development of young and beginning farmers
- Encourage leadership
- Develop a greater understanding of agriculture
- Recognize the accomplishments of ag leaders
- Study the economic viability of agriculture
- Promote interest in the industry
- Impact the Northeast (statewide and regional projects also eligible)
- County or local school projects
- Programs and projects of non-agricultural charities
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations
- General operating funds and ongoing program support
- Support for website administration and enhancement
- Capital or building projects
- Projects for an individual or individual farm operation
- Funding for annual state meetings general business or corporate meetings or regularly scheduled conferences
- Indirect costs associated with sponsored projects.
- Proposals for Farm Credit Northeast AgEnhancement grant funding will be considered three times per year.
- Application materials must be received by the close of business April 1, August 1 and December 1. Receipt of projects after these dates will be held for consideration in the next review. It is recommended that the application be submitted in a grant cycle well in advance of the project date so that if the project is funded, the applicant will receive funding prior to the project start date. For example: if the project date is August 29-31, 20XX, then the application should be submitted for the April 1 grant cycle.
- Applicants will be notified by email that the application has been received. Applicants are encouraged to contact AgEnhancement if they do not receive an acknowledgement email.
- Notification of the funding decision will normally be within 30 days of the application deadline.
Disclosure Requirement for Farm Credit Directors and Employees
Any director or employee of a Northeast Farm Credit Association or CoBank shall clearly indicate their affiliation with Farm Credit in the letter seeking funding support from the Farm Credit Northeast AgEnhancement Program. Failure to disclose this information shall cause the project to be ineligible for consideration.
How to Apply/Application Requirements
- Complete the AgEnhancement application below.
- Upload a letter to the AgEnhancement Application outlining the purpose of the proposed program, activity or event and describing how it will be conducted.
- Up to three pages supporting materials may also be included.
For questions, contact Kyle Bell at 860.741.4380 or send email us at AgEnhancement@FarmCreditEast.com.