2018 Director Elections & Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Information Statement
Farm Credit East's 2018 Annual Meeting will be held on Monday, March 26, 2018 at the Albany Marriott in Albany, N.Y. This meeting will receive reports from the Board, management and nominating committee; elect next year’s nominating committee; and introduce the 2018 director candidates. For more information on this year’s Annual Meeting and 2018 director candidates, view the Annual Meeting Information Statement. View the agenda for this year's Annual Meeting.
2018 Director Candidates
There are three open director seats in 2018 each to be elected for four-year terms. Farm Credit East’s nominating committee met in January and did an outstanding job interviewing and advancing the following six candidates.
Nominated from the Eastern Region: Auburn, Bedford, Bridgeton, Dayville, Enfield, Flemington, Middleboro, Presque Isle and Riverhead offices. Two candidates are running for a four-year term.
- Michael N. Brooks, (36), of Elmer, N.J., is managing partner and majority owner of Dusty Lane Farms LLC, a diverse 1,400-acre irrigated grain and vegetable farm, growing white potatoes, sweet corn, spinach, peppers, wheat, corn and soybeans. Learn more about Mike
- James Alvin Robbins II, (45), of Searsmont, Maine, is the president of Robbins Lumber, Inc., a fully integrated sawmill that produces Easter White Pine lumber and manages 27,000 acres of timberland in Maine. Learn more about James
Nominated from the Central Region: Burrville, Claverack, Cooperstown, Greenwich, Middletown and Potsdam offices. Two candidates are running for a four-year term.
- Peter James Barton, (54), of Poughquag, N.Y., is owner and operator of Barton Entertainment Co., LLC, overseeing Barton Orchards, a diverse 175-acre agritourism farm operation offering 18 different varieties for pick-your-own from vegetables to field crops to tree fruit. Learn more about Peter
- Philip Jamison Jones, (42), of Shelton, Conn., is co-owner and managing member of Jones Family Farms, LLC, a 400-acre retail farm growing strawberries, blueberries, pumpkins and Christmas trees and owns Jones Family Farms Winery, LLC. Learn more about Jamie
Nominated from the Western Region: Batavia, Cortland, Geneva, Hornell and Mayville offices. Two candidates are running for a four-year term.
- Brett D. Kreher, (50), of Clarence, N.Y., is a partner at Kreher's Poultry Farms (and related entites), an egg production business raising just under two million hens that produces conventional and organic egg across three locations. Learn more about Brett
- Terry Rider Zittel, (59), of Eden, N.Y., is corporate secretary and business manager of Amos Zittel & Sons, Inc., a wholesale vegetable, flower and retail market business growing 300 acres of fresh market vegetables, including sweet corn, peppers, lettuce and more. Learn more about Terry
Prior to the Annual Meeting, a live Candidate Forum will be held at 4:05 PM at the Albany Marriott. Questions will be asked of each candidate in an interview style. This is your opportunity to hear directly from the candidates about why they’d like to serve you as a director on the Farm Credit East Board. If you are not able to attend the live forum, this session will be recorded and posted to this page for viewing at a later date.