Preparing for the Future of Agriculture
The Importance of Land Grant Research
The land-grant system was established during a time of tremendous growth and industrialization in our nation. Its intent was to educate a broader population in the agricultural and technical skills that directly impacted their daily lives. 150 years later, this founding principle holds true, but society has evolved significantly. Agriculture has had to adapt to meet the needs and demands of a changing world, and with it, the focus of land-grant universities has also shifted. This issue’s cover story dives into the research priorities at Northeast land-grant universities and how they’re working to address producers’ challenges and prepare the industry for the future.
- CEO Bill Lipinski talks about the diverse teams at work in Northeast ag businesses.
- Learn more about some of new videos Farm Credit East has released.
- Read insights from a tenured career of a Northeast dairy leader.
- Find out what staff in our branch offices have been up to in their local communities.
- As executive vice president Bob Smith retires, he provides his final “Washington Update” with a farewell message and thanks to Northeast producers.
- Read about a young entrepreneur working with Farm Credit’s FarmStart program.
- Meet this year’s 32 scholarship recipients.
- The deadline for Farm Credit East’s annual photo calendar contest is approaching – submit your best shots for a chance to win $100!