Overcoming Labor Challenges
Unique Strategies Northeast Ag Operations are Employing to Overcome Labor Challenges
Finding labor, and qualified labor at that, has been a growing concern in the U.S., especially within the agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products industries. And, the debates about how to address this issue have been going on even longer. In this issue’s cover story, we interviewed several Northeast ag businesses who have deployed unique strategies in their operations to combat the labor challenges they were facing. As a result, they have found success in hiring and retaining skilled labor, or have circumvented the issue by implementing technology to cut back on labor demands.
- CEO Bill Lipinski sheds light on Farm Credit East’s 2018 financial results and the importance of planning and innovating your business for the future.
- Meet a recent participant of Farm Credit East’s GenerationNext program.
- Learn more about patronage dividends, one of the benefits to customer-ownership.
- This issue’s Washington Update provides an update on agricultural policy and the 116th Congress.
- Learn more about the various financing options Farm Credit East offers.
- Meet this year’s seven director candidates