Business Tips and Tools
Steering Clear of Scams
Cyber scams are becoming all too common. In 2019, the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center recorded more than $3.5 billion in losses to individuals and businesses. Especially during a time of crisis, hackers will be the first to take advantage of the situation — and people’s fears. As of October 2020, the Federal Trade Commission reported that consumers have reported losing more than $160 million from COVID-19 and stimulus related frauds. In this issue’s cover story, learn about the types of scams hackers are deploying and tips to protect yourself and your information.
- In the CEO’s Message, Mike Reynolds reflects on his first year as Farm Credit East CEO.
- Learn more about Farm Credit East’s plans to improve its digital infrastructure over the next several years to enhance the customer experience.
- Read highlights from Farm Credit East’s 2020 Customer Appreciation Meeting that was held virtually on November 17.
- Find out about the new Lipinski Rural Initiatives award which aims to award innovative and transformational efforts to revitalize Northeast rural communities.
- Learn more about Farm Credit East’s director election process.
- Congratulations to our 2021 Agricultural Views Calendar photo contest winners. Start submitting photos for the 2022 calendar!
- Tom Cosgrove’s Washington Update highlights the important impact Northeast agriculture, commercial and forest products have on the region’s economy.