Career Development Program
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with nearly $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
As a Career Development Program trainee, your key responsibility is to develop the skills required to move into a branch office role in lending, tax/accounting services or appraisal services. While learning the key skills within your chosen functional area, you will also develop an awareness of the full scope of services offered by Farm Credit East including, but not limited to: financial accounting services, the lending function, leasing, appraisal, business consulting, crop insurance and credit life insurance. You will develop relationship management skills and understand how to grow business with new and existing customers.
What type of people are we looking for? Self-starters who are driven to take decisive action, achieve results and make a positive impact on their Farm Credit East team and the customer. People who enjoy a challenge and want to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment where there are always new things to learn and change is the norm. People-skills are especially important in order to develop strong relationships with customers and deliver value.
To apply, please be sure to upload a copy of your most recent Resume and copy of your Transcript.
As a trainee in the Career Development Program, you will focus on developing your skills in one of our three primary job functions:
- Credit/Finance: With an emphasis on either Analysis or Sales and Relationship Management, you will focus on building financial analysis skills, relationship management skills, marketing skills, and overall knowledge of the credit underwriting and delivery process in order to successfully obtain a Credit Analyst or Credit Representative branch position.
- Accounting and Taxation: With an emphasis on either Compliance or Relationship Management, you will focus on building accounting and tax knowledge, relationship management skills, marketing skills, and overall knowledge of accounting and tax service delivery in order to successfully obtain an Accounting Associate or Tax Associate branch position.
- Appraisal: Focus on building personal property and real estate valuation skills, relationship management skills, marketing skills, and overall knowledge of appraisal delivery in order to successfully obtain a Certified General Appraiser Trainee branch position.
- Training: You are responsible for learning the foundations and building blocks to become a successful Credit Analyst or Credit Representative, Accounting Associate or Tax Associate, or Certified General Appraiser. This will include the completion of all of the assigned courses and training available to new employees in your applicable functional area. You will shadow branch employees to learn about all facets of Farm Credit East.
- Member Relations/Teamwork: Provide outstanding customer service (both internal and external) and deliver exceptional customer experience and value by setting, communicating and meeting customer expectations. Demonstrate a strong community commitment and professional presence that contributes to the overall positive image of Farm Credit East. Act in a forthright and ethical manner, display a positive attitude and contribute positively to the overall morale of the team and Farm Credit East. Exhibit appreciation for diversity and contribute to Farm Credit East's inclusive team environment. Assist other team members and contribute to training.
Required EducationA Bachelor's Degree in accounting, agribusiness, agricultural science, animal science, business, economics, finance, natural resources, real estate or other related field.
Knowledge of agriculture is preferred.
Location: Farm Credit East operates from 20 offices across our 7-state territory (CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI). The location of this position is dependent upon availability, taking into account candidate preference when possible. Details of the exact location will be determined during the interview and job offer process. Interviews are conducted on several campuses or at Farm Credit East branch offices.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail email@example.com.