Central Operations Coordinator
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with nearly $8 billion in loan volume and over $28 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
As a Central Operations Coordinator, you will be a valuable resource to both customers and branch team members. This position includes a unique mix of accounting, support and processing assistance, internal controls monitoring, and special projects. Some of your specific responsibilities will include things such as: handling money movement between customer accounts, preparing accounting entries for keying into General Ledger, performing necessary loan maintenance, and monitoring ongoing reporting to ensure accurate and complete loan files. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, possess strong customer service skills, and will work effectively in a team setting with both internal team members and external customers.
Farm Credit East provides all team members with the training and resources needed to be successful in their careers. All new employees receive one-on-one coaching to help them understand their roles. Additional technical training, soft skill training, and ongoing professional development provided by Farm Credit East will help you be poised for continued career growth within our organization.
Territory Served: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, parts of New Hampshire, New Jersey, majority of New York, and Rhode Island
Area: The branch is located in a suburban area, with urban amenities conveniently located nearby.
Types of Agriculture: The Association's agriculture includes nursery, greenhouse, dairy, livestock, fruit, vegetable, timber, field crops, sod, and aquatic. Farm related businesses, part-time farmers, and rural homeowners are also within the Association's target market.
The employee is accountable for the following:
- Support and Processing: Maintain critical monitoring systems to ensure timely action is taken centrally and/or at the branch level. Provide superior customer service in all customer interactions. Provide support and assistance as needed, or direct internal customers to the appropriate knowledgeable party within Farm Credit East. Assists with verbal and written communications with colleagues, customers, and third-party service providers.
- Internal Controls monitoring: Assist other team members with the monitoring of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting detective controls and as warranted, help to design / refine internal controls based on employee's knowledge of the Association's systems.
- Accounting: Ensure the timely and accurate accounting of all loan, financial services, and general ledger transactions for customers and the Association. This may include origination entries, financial services billing, various types of advances, proper payment application, establishing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, reconciliation, processing loan payouts, and GL balancing. Provide support and assistance as needed to branch staff.
- Special Projects: As needed, assist with the design, development, testing, and implementation of new software, enhancements, and/or other business process changes.
- Member Relations/Teamwork: Provide outstanding customer service (both internal and external) and deliver exceptional customer experience and value by setting, communicating and meeting (both internal and external) customer expectations. Demonstrate a strong community commitment and professional presence that contributes to the overall positive image of Farm Credit East. Act in a forthright and ethical manner, display a positive attitude and contribute positively to the overall morale of the team and association. Assist other team members and contribute to training.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field. Knowledge of agriculture, finance, and credit administration is preferred.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.