Country Living Mortgage Specialist
Are you looking for a career with a strong and reputable company? Country Living from Farm Credit East is hiring a full-time mortgage loan originator in Auburn Maine. Prior mortgage origination experience is not required, but recommended. Country Living specializes in mortgage loans to rural land and homeowners and is part of Farm Credit East, a 100 year old company serving rural America. We are pursuing a self-motivated, professional and sales-focused individual with strong relationship building and networking skills. Primary responsibility is quality business growth in the rural Maine marketplace while promoting a positive corporate image at all times. As part of a cross-functional unit, focus is on the ability to work well within a team in addition to strong interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills. Travel is required within the assigned territory including the state of Maine.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The employee is responsible for working as a member of a cross-functional team focused on providing loans and financial services of high quality and value to customers within FCA and association policies and regulations. With minimal supervision, depending upon experience, the incumbent will be responsible for business growth in a progressive portfolio with varied loan types and sizes, meeting the needs of both internal and external customers, and promoting a positive corporate image at all times.
COUNTIES SERVED : Androscoggin, Cumberland, Franklin, Hancock, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Piscataquis, Penobscot, Sagadahoc, Somerset, Waldo, Washington, York
AREA: This branch is located in a suburban area, with urban amenities conveniently located nearby.
With minimal supervision, depending upon experience, you will be accountable for:
- MARKETING: Increase business by means of promotional activities and superior customer service. Actively solicit Country Living loans from referral sources such as real estate brokers and realtors, home builders, mortgage loan officers, association staff, and real estate closing agents. Marketing efforts will consistently require travel outside of assigned branch or home office including meeting with industry professionals at their place of business and attendance at industry meetings.
- LENDING: Screen and prequalify loan applicants. Make quality credit underwriting prequalification decisions to ensure timely customer service and a high acceptance rate with the association, FNMA, and other loan purchasers. Assess the customer's needs, determine the loan products and financial services which meet those needs, and obtain the business and financial information needed for a loan underwriter to make a sound credit decision. Complies with association, Fannie Mae (FNMA), Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) documentation expectations, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- MEMBER RELATIONS/NETWORKING: Contribute to an Association image of excellence by way of prompt delivery of high quality service, current knowledge of agriculture/aquaculture, land use trends, and participation in associated organizations. The application of skillful human relations techniques in dealing with applicants is required. Actively develop a network of mortgage loan officers, realtors, and other real estate and mortgage loan professionals.
- TEAMWORK: Assist Country Living team and association in meeting its goals and objectives through effective teamwork and cooperation. Promote open and constructive communications and the attitude of "What can I do to help you".
BS/BA in business, marketing or a related field is preferred; or suitable professional experience.
Required QualificationsStrong marketing and interpersonal skills are required, as are verbal and written communications and analytical skills. Must be team oriented. The position requires the ability to travel as needed.
1. KNOWLEDGE OF: Farm Credit East products, services, fees, and their application to customer's needs; assigned market segment and territory; economic conditions; competition's products, interest rates, and fees; selling techniques; internal accounting and originating systems;
cooperating agencies; and Farm Credit East and FCA operations, policies, and procedures.
2. SKILLS IN: Building business relationships, creating relationships and networking with business contacts/influencers to develop sales; selling; negotiations; probing for customer needs, matching products and services to customer needs; translating features into benefits; closing sales; interpersonal relations; listening; computers and technology, verbal and written communication; decision making and creative problem solving.
3. ABILITY TO: achieve goals; be innovative; accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate the values of Farm Credit East; maintain confidentiality; be a self-starter; sell; be assertive; relate positively to others; work within a team environment; listen to customers; use Farm Credit East systems and computers; be logical; work under stress; overcome objections; manage time; assess and accept risk appropriately; inspire others; professionally represent Farm Credit East.
DetailsTravel up to 50%.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.