Join a team focused on the success of our customers, communities, and each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that help drive the Northeast economy!
As a Credit Reviewer, you will ensure the accuracy and integrity of Association risk reporting and regulatory compliance while promoting consistency with credit, operations, and appraisal practices. You will provide management and staff with timely, ongoing feedback regarding branch and Association credit and operations. The position requires someone dedicated in exemplifying our mission, vision, and values of the Association. In addition, the employee should be involved in assigned committees and other workgroups to promote the overall well-being and success of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience being actively engaged in credit operations either as a credit analyst, loan officer, reviewer, or similar role. The ideal candidate will also possess an innovative and creative mindset, and be self-motivated. The position will require the candidate to be quick to learn a new underwriting system and have the ability to build / design risk based reports to identify exceptions to policy and red flags.
Work with the Association's Director of Enterprise Risk and Quality Assurance Officer to ensure reviews focus on risks, and that each review appropriately assesses compliance with Association credit policies, procedures, and lending philosophy/culture. This position will provide input and assistance to the development of the Annual Review Program (plan), and said plan will be established through a sound risk assessment, and appropriately target areas that pose the largest organizational risk. This position should be able to:
- Apply the Uniform Classification system (UCS). Learn and apply Federal Regulations (primarily those with the Farm Credit Administration), and the Association's internal policies, procedures, and underwriting standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal credit policies, executive orders, procedures, and other guidelines established by management.
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report information.
- Review accounting, management information systems, and other controls. Determine compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations, which impact operations and reports. Understand key risk points to design reports to identify exceptions and red flags. Identify areas to add value to the Association's credit practices/processes, and contribute a solution.
- Maintain independence and accurately evaluate and grade credit administration and staff performance.
- Be inquisitive, but exercise sound judgement.
- Deal effectively with people in all situations especially in adversarial relationships.
- Speak effectively to various groups. This includes, communicating review results in an objective, clear, concise, and constructive manner.
- Responsibilities may also include working on a variety of projects or internal audit steps in a manner that is in accordance with the annual Internal Audit Program. This could include assisting in the testing requirements tied to Sarbanes Oxley / 404 Certification.
Required EducationPosition requires a B.S. in Accounting, Business or related field. Prefer candidates with some lending background and/or those with a CRC (Credit Risk Certification) designation. Some background in data analytics and reporting is also preferred.
Position is based in Enfield, CT. Ability to travel throughout the Association territory is required (approximately 30% travel).
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.