Crop Insurance Operations Associate/ Agent
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Crop Growers, LLP is a leading provider of crop insurance and risk management solutions to growers in the northeast. The Crop Growers team members are leaders in understanding the Federal Crop Insurance program and how the program can be best utilized by our customer growers. Crop Growers, LLP is part of Farm Credit East, a longstanding provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Crop Growers and Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
As a Crop Insurance Operations Associate/Agent, you provide effective technical support for the regional agents' crop insurance functions. This includes documentation, policy analysis, policy underwriting, and customer relations. You will serve as a crop insurance documentation specialist, assisting agents in preparing the insurance package for presentation. You will also complete the documentation of the insurance file following the submission for underwriting approval. Additional responsibilities include policy document review to assure compliance with crop insurance policy and procedures. You will exercise significant authority and independent judgment in carrying out these duties. All actions are taken within RMA, FCA, Bank and Association regulations and policies.
Number of MPCI policies approx. 2,000
MPCI annual premiums approx. $39,000,000
- Provide effective support to field agents through:
- Timely and accurate key entry of crop insurance documents according to policy and procedure and within strict deadlines; maintenance of policy files both paper and electronic. Maintains electronic or written copies of all critical correspondence
- Assisting agents with customer mailings, letters, spreadsheets, report completion and accuracy, customer reminders, policy analysis, liaison with the insurance companies. Works within multiple insurance company systems accurately according to established policies and procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers to maintain strong customer relationships; achieved through strong understanding of crop insurance policy.
- Answering "800" phone number calls and providing prompt and professional service to customer's questions. It is expected that 75% of the customer's questions would be answered without needing to involve the agent of record.
- Contribute to a satisfactory corporate image for excellence, and good customer relations, through the delivery of fair, prompt, and high quality service.
- Assist Crop Growers, LLP team and its stakeholders in meeting its goals and objectives through effective teamwork and cooperation. Promote open and constructive communications.
A 2 or 4 year degree with emphasis in business administration, or a related field. Experience in an insurance agency is desired, as is a general knowledge of agriculture. New York State property and casualty license is desired, but not required at hire. If not already licensed, your license must be obtained within the first year of employment. Strong communication, computer, and organization skills preferred.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.