We're all about the people. As a member-owned financial cooperative, we are dedicated to serving the financial and lending needs of farmers, fishermen and those in the timber industry. With a company culture founded on integrity, teamwork, and customer relationships, our employees come together to work alongside one another to help our customers in their business operations.
If you're looking to have variety in your accounting work, escape the Boston commute, or more importantly, make an impact within your own community then check us out! We currently have an opportunity in our Middleboro, MA office as aTax Associate.
In this role, you will:
- Exhibit both strong customer relationship and technical skills in the areas of business accounting and taxation. This includes tax planning with customers, the preparation of income tax returns, and working with the branch team on more complex tax and consulting related projects.
- Take a consultative approach in finding creative solutions to meet customer needs and consistently generate superior results in terms of both quantity and quality of services provided to customers.
- Maintain current federal and state tax knowledge and have a thorough understanding of all tax and records software programs. Maintain proper documentation and communication with clients and staff in order to respond to internal and external customer needs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Farm Credit East's products and services in order to provide the best solution to each customer's unique needs.
- Increase business by means of promotional activities and superior customer service. Provide value to customers with appropriate and timely products and services.
- Assist other team members and contribute to training.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience: including preparing and/or reviewing tax returns, researching tax issues, and bookkeeping.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field with solid accounting credits.
- CPA license or EA designation preferred, but not required.
- At least one tax season within a public accounting firm.
- Experience in preparing individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns.
- Familiarity with CCH Axcess Tax
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, but also work well with others.
- Self-motivated problem solver who can quickly identify issues and solutions.
- Passionate in working with customers to deliver quality, professional work every single day.
What We Bring:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Desirable work culture: with over 100 years serving our customers and an average employee tenure of 15 years, we understand and recognize our most important resource is our team, and we treat all members accordingly;
- All new employees receive one-on-one coaching to help them understand their roles. Additional technical training, soft skill training, and ongoing professional development provided by Farm Credit East will help you be poised for continued career growth within our organization.
- Opportunity to build long-term relationships with our passionate client base.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail email@example.com.