Information Security Specialist
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
The Association employs approximately 480 employees across 20 local branch offices, serving 17,000 customers. In addition to loans and leases, the organization also offers a full range of agriculturally specific financial services for businesses related to farming, horticulture, forestry and commercial fishing. Farm Credit East's agriculture is diverse, including dairy/livestock, fruit/vegetable, timber, greenhouse/nursery, aquatic and cash crops. Farm Credit East operates its business lines across several technology platforms including Salesforce, nCino, and CCH. For more information, visitFarmCreditEast.com.
As part of the Association's Technology and Risk Management functions, the position will entail supporting Farm Credit East's information security needs for both physical and cybersecurity. Strong collaboration and communication skills are essential both to communicating complex concepts to management in a way that is easy to understand, and to facilitating development and knowledge transfer across the all facets of the business and in collaboration with our technology partner Financial Partners Inc.
Primary accountabilities entail supporting/oversight of the Association's security function including but not limited to both cyber and physical security initiatives.
Cyber Security: Key responsibilities of the position include completion of tasks designed to ensure security of the organizations systems and information assets. Protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction; and develop and enhance IT security policies and standards for recommendation to senior and executive management for approval. Help improve the association's ability to react and recover to potential security threats by enhancing and regularly testing the incident response program and plan. On-going monitoring of various DLP and vulnerability tools and procedures that the Association employs and following up with end users on notifications to ensure compliance.
Physical Security: Develop and oversee the Association physical security strategy and work back with key stakeholders at all locations across the Association to make sure that Association assets are secure and in compliance with state and federal regulation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with cyber security monitoring tools used in endpoint protection / data loss protection.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in incident response plan development and management as well as information security governance.
- Knowledge and experience with various cybersecurity frameworks including but not limited to NIST and FFIEC.
- Experience with operating security awareness training programs.
- Knowledge of information security regulatory requirements for financial institutions.
- Knowledge of physical security best practices and cloud based physical security monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of active directory systems and provisioning of access controls.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, as well as leadership skills, with a particular aptitude in communicating complex technical concepts in simpler language for the consumption of management/decision-makers
- Experience working with different lines of business to accomplish security solutions by translating business requirements into security needs/techniques
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure platform, Databricks, and related tools
- Experience with a CASB and various DLP tool tuning.
- Knowledge of the various operational requirements and how a financial institution functions.
- Experience with Salesforce, nCino, and/or Fiserv DNA is a plus
Bachelor's Degree in cyber security, information technology, computer science, or related field required. Advanced degrees (Master's or PhD), while not required, will be looked upon favorably.
- 2 or more years of experience in any of the following areas preferred: cyber security, information technology, computer science, data science/analytics, or related field within the IT / banking / financial services industry.
- CISSP designation or on track for a designation will be looked upon favorably.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail email@example.com.