Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with nearly $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue an internship with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
As an intern, you will be welcomed to the Farm Credit East team and quickly challenged with real work and projects that impact our customers and our organization. You will work alongside our loan officers, accounting and tax associates, agricultural appraisers, business consultants, crop insurance agents, administrative staff, and others to understand the day-to-day processes of each functional area. You will meet with customers - both in the office and at their operations - to learn firsthand about their businesses and how our long-term relationship focus drives success. During your internship, you will also complete an organization-wide strategic project which will utilize the knowledge you have gained in your educational experience and internship experience.
This internship is designed primarily for college juniors or graduate students interested in combining a career in agriculture and finance/accounting. Your internship location is determined during the interview and offer process. Internship locations include: Batavia, NY; Geneva, NY; Cortland, NY; Cooperstown, NY; Claverack, NY; Enfield, CT; and Auburn, ME.
We seek interns who are interested in pursuing a career with Farm Credit East after graduation. What type of people do we ultimately want to add to our team? Self-starters who are driven to take decisive action, achieve results and make a positive impact on their Farm Credit East team and the customer. People who enjoy a challenge and want to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment where there are always new things to learn and change is the norm. People-skills are especially important in order to develop strong relationships with customers and deliver value.
Are you curious about what some of our recent interns had to say about their experience? Check out thisblog post.
To apply, please be sure to upload a copy of your most recent resume and transcript.
This 12- week Internship during the summer months provides hands-on growth and development through the following:
- An introduction to Farm Credit East's business operations with an emphasis on our credit, farm accounting, and/or agricultural appraisal practices.
- Credit/Finance: Complete ongoing office tasks and assignments specific to financial analysis, credit underwriting, loan renewal and origination, and loan closing.
- Accounting and Taxation: Complete ongoing office tasks and assignments specific to income tax preparation, payroll processing, accounting/financial statement preparation, and audits.
- Appraisal: Complete office tasks and assignments specific to agricultural property inspections, subject property research, comparable sale research, map preparation, and written report preparation.
- Join branch staff during customer visits to develop skills in relationship management and outstanding service delivery; learn about our customers' business operations and the sectors of agriculture they operate within.
- Collaborate with branch staff to help complete additional support tasks such as data collection, organization of source documents, processing of customers' financial information, financial statement preparation, correspondence with customers and other duties as assigned.
- Complete special projects by working with Farm Credit East staff on more complex customer engagements and internal projects; successfully organize and execute your assigned summer project, then provide a verbal report about your project to Farm Credit East's Senior Management Team.
- Exhibit appreciation for diversity and contribute to Farm Credit East's inclusive team environment.
1. Preferred college majors include: accounting, agribusiness, agricultural science, animal science, business, economics, finance, natural resources, real estate or other related fields
2. College junior or graduate student (seeking interns entering their final summer before graduation)
3. GPA minimum of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.