Lead Applied Econometrician
Description/Job SummaryAs part of the Risk Management/Business Intelligence team the position will entail supporting Farm Credit East's data analytics and risk modeling needs. Basic functional areas include:
Data Science: The successful candidate is responsible for providing analysis and support in the Business Intelligence Group of Farm Credit East's Risk Management Department. Goals include meeting the needs of our internal and external customers and contributing to meeting Farm Credit East's goals and objectives. Key responsibilities of the position include executing all aspects of the data analytics lifecycle at Farm Credit East, including developing new models and utilizing/improving existing models to provide Farm Credit East management and Board with insight into business risks facing the organization, utilizing technology and statistical analyses to provide actionable information to aid in decision making, and understanding Farm Credit East data. The candidate should also continuously familiarize him/herself with Farm Credit East's data as it spans multiple systems and migrates between those systems, especially as Farm Credit East adopts new software such as Salesforce and nCino.
Customer Service: Provide outstanding service and effectively address customer (both internal and external) inquiries and issues in order to maintain strong customer relationships. Build customer confidence and satisfaction by setting and communicating and meeting achievable customer expectations. Develop strong business relationships by taking responsibility of the situation and actions. Think creatively and seek opinions and ideas from others to utilize all of our products and services to create value for our customers while acting in a forthright and ethical manner
Teamwork: Display a positive attitude toward the job and contribute positively to the overall morale of the team and Farm Credit East. Deliver feedback in a constructive and positive manner. Deliver effective communication through adapting style/tone and content to meet the needs of the team. Assist other team/branch members when asked and offer help when time permits. Contribute to the training and development of less experienced staff.
Area: The Enfield branch is located in a suburban area, with urban amenities conveniently located nearby.
Company Overview: Farm Credit East extends more than $6.6 billion in loans and has 20 local offices in its seven-state service area. Farm Credit East has approximately 480 employees serving 17,000 customers across our local service area. In addition to loans and leases, the organization also offers a full range of agriculturally specific financial services for businesses related to farming, horticulture, forestry and commercial fishing. Farm Credit East's agriculture is diverse, including dairy/livestock, fruit/vegetable, timber, greenhouse/nursery, aquatic and cash crops. Farm Credit East operates its business lines across several technology platforms including SalesForce, nCino, CCH. For more information, go to FarmCreditEast.com.
Required QualificationsMinimum of a bachelor degree in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics or related field of study (Economics, Statistics, Finance, etc.). An Advanced Degree, while not required, will be looked upon favorably.
- Analytical skills:
- Experience developing and validating statistical models and performing quantitative economic/financial analyses for a variety of business problems
- Advanced knowledge of time-series and regression modeling (ARIMA, OLS, logit/probit, etc.) techniques and basic machine learning techniques (tree-based methods, logistic regression, association mining, etc.)
- Experience with ETL lifecycle (data collection, prep, transformation) and modeling (including EDA) in R and/or Python programming languages
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation (preferably in Power BI, Salesforce)
- Experience working with large datasets and analyzing data quality prior to statistical analysis
- Experience with CECL, DFAST or other regulatory modeling, either as a model developer or model validator is a plus
- Experience with designing experiments is a plus
- Data Engineering/Management skills:
- Strong understanding of relational databases, schema, and data models
- Proven track record of deploying full-stack modeling solutions to solve various business problems
- Other skills:
- Basic understanding of financial institutions and their day-to-day operation
- Has a particular knack for identifying data opportunities based upon knowledge of macroeconomic environment
- Must have an innovative mindset and be willing to challenge the norm in a constructive, professional way
- Takes ownership of the data and the related project, always striving to answer the "why", rather than just stating the output
- Strongly skilled with Microsoft Excel (including working knowledge of VBA programming language)
- Understanding of SQL and database management techniques as well as data governance techniques and standards
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, as well as leadership skills, with a particular aptitude in communicating complex technical concepts in simpler language for the consumption of management/decision-makers
- Experience working with different lines of business to accomplish data science solutions by translating business requirements into data needs/techniques
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.