Credit Representative / Loan Officer
If you enjoy interacting with customers, understanding the financial and business management techniques that make their businesses successful, and providing valuable solutions to meet business needs- then being a lender at Farm Credit East is a match for you.
The candidate will primarily serve the Schoharie and Delaware County markets of New York, a territory filled with a variety of agricultural clientele. As a lender, your job is to make loans to existing and new farm customers who meet Farm Credit East's underwriting requirements. Loan products include but aren't limited to annual lines of credit, equipment debt and real estate financing. This role includes analysis of financials to determine appropriate lending products and communication with customers about those loan products. Marketing to new customers is a priority, thus this role also includes cross selling other Farm Credit East products and services (tax preparation, record keeping services, consulting, crop insurance, etc.) to existing and potential customers. All of this is done with the goal of helping our customers be successful in their enterprises by providing valuable solutions to their business needs.
Daily job varies from meeting with clients, analyzing their financials, negotiating terms, writing up the loan for approval and closing the deal. Marketing is a requirement; those who are outgoing and willing to take the time to know existing and potential clients' needs and match products and services to those needs will be most successful. Team player, positive attitude and the ability to work with peers within the branch and across Farm Credit East are required attributes of the lender.
Farm Credit East offers:
- Client interaction, opportunity to be part of their success
- Excellent peers/other employees - people who care about each other and our clients
- Community involvement
- Company known for its expertise in the industries served
- Team player
- Ownership and pride in one's work
- Ability to effectively communicate, including when challenged
- Driven without ego
- Positive attitude
Counties Served: Fulton, Montgomery, Schoharie, Otsego, Greene (Halcott), Ulster (Shandakan and Hardenberg), Schenectady (western), Delaware, Herkimer, Oneida, and Madison
Area: The branch is located in a rural area, with urban amenities conveniently located nearby.
Type of Agriculture: The branch's agriculture is diverse, including dairy, livestock, cash and field crops, greenhouse, nursery, fruit, and vegetables. Farm related businesses are also within Cooperstown's target market.
Cooperstown Branch Loan Volume as of 1/31/2019:
Short Term $131,000,000
Long Term $231,000,000
Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, fishermen, foresters and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $6 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
Farm Credit East provides all team members with the training and resources needed to be successful in their careers. All new employees receive one-on-one coaching to help them understand their roles. Additional technical training, soft skill training, and ongoing professional development provided by Farm Credit East will help you be poised for continued career growth within our organization.
To learn more about why to choose Farm Credit East for your long term career, please visit our website using this link.
With minimal supervision, depending upon experience, the incumbent is accountable for the following:
- Lending and Loan Servicing: Extend sound farm, farm related, aquatic, and country living loans through analysis of applicants' financial conditions, management abilities, and economic trends. Obtain accurate appraisals and valid security liens. Minimize losses by means of sound and timely servicing and collection efforts and timely sale of acquired property.
- Marketing: Increase business by means of promotional activities and superior customer service. Provide value to customers with appropriate and timely products and services.
- Member Relations/Teamwork: Provide outstanding customer service (both internal and external) and deliver exceptional customer experience and value by setting, communicating and meeting customer expectations. Demonstrate a strong community commitment and professional presence that contributes to the overall positive image of Farm Credit East. Act in a forthright and ethical manner, display a positive attitude and contribute positively to the overall morale of the team and association. Assist other team members and contribute to training.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Economics, Business, Finance or a related field.
Knowledge of agriculture, finances, credit and credit administration. Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are required, as are verbal and written communications and analytical skills. Must be team oriented. The position requires the ability to travel as needed.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail email@example.com.