Seasonal Income Tax Processing Specialist
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
The Seasonal Income Tax Processing Specialist is responsible for assisting the financial services department during tax season. Duties include organizing and preparing hardcopy print documents so that electronic scanning can be completed in a timely and accurate manner, the organization of client documents, validation of electronic filing as well as packaging of client returns.
Candidates should possess strong tax, accounting, communication, organizational, computer and documentation skills.
Anticipated seasonal employment: January - May 2020.
The employee shall perform all other duties as assigned.
Counties Served: Lewis, Jefferson, Oswego
Area: The branch is located in an agricultural area with rural communities; urban amenities are conveniently located nearby.
Types of Businesses: The branch's agriculture is diverse, including dairy, vegetable, livestock, fruit, timber, and cash crops. Farm related businesses are also within their target market.
Requires an ability to take initiative and a willingness to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Organizes documents.
- Prepare documents for large scale scanning.
- Scans and uploads documents electronically.
- Packaging of clients tax returns.
- Maintains confidentiality of the files and ensures they are properly stored.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Ability to perform redundant tasks with minimal supervision.
- Perform quality control services comparing completed data to hardcopy documents.
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong Word and Excel software application skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Exceptional documentation skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working in either a team-oriented, collaborative environment or independently
- Positive and motivated attitude.
- Thrives in a fast paced, consistently changing environment.
Required QualificationsCandidates should possess strong tax, accounting, communication, organizational, computer and documentation skills.
DetailsThe expected employment period is January - May.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail email@example.com.