Code of Ethics
Farm Credit East employees and directors follow the published Code of Ethics. This standard is met, in basic terms, by telling the truth and being honest.
Farm Credit East, ACA
Code of Ethics
Above all else, Association employees and directors are expected to be honest and truthful. In very basic terms, if employees tell the truth and are honest all ethical standards can be easily met.
This Code of Ethics applies to all employees and directors and supplements the Association's Standard of Conduct Policies and related disclosures. The Code of Ethics will be included in the Standards of Conduct disclosure process. Employees with responsibility for the preparation and distribution of financial statements will complete a more detailed acknowledgment relating to these activities.
The Association expects all of its employees and directors to act in accordance with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in all aspects of their activities. Employees and directors are expected to comply with all laws, rules and regulations, to deter wrongdoing, and to abide by the Association’s Standard of Conduct Policy and other policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors to govern the conduct of employees.
Employees responsible for the preparation and distribution of financial statements and related disclosures shall provide relevant information that is true, accurate, and complete to members, CoBank, the Federal Farm Credit Banks Funding Corporation, FCA, and any other duly authorized individual, entity, or governing body.
Each employee agrees as follows:
- To engage and promote honest and ethical conduct, including ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and business relationships.
- To avoid conflicts of interest and disclose to the Standards of Conduct Officer or the Confidential Complaint Hotline any material transaction or relationship that reasonably could be expected to give rise to a conflict.
- To hold all information about borrowers and applicants in strict confidence and to take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of non-public information about the Association and its customers obtained or created in connection with Association activities and to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of this information unless required by law regulation or legal regulatory process.
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as the terms and conditions of self-regulatory agreements to which he Association is a party.
- To promptly report any possible or actual violation of this Code of Ethics to the Standards of Conduct Officer or, in the case of a violation relating to financial reporting, the Confidential Complaint Hotline.
Employees responsible for the preparation and distribution of financial statements and related disclosures agree:
- To produce full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosures in the Association's financial statements, annual report, and related financial reports.
- To promptly report any possible or actual violation of this Code of Ethics to the Standards of Conduct Officer or the Confidential Complaint Hotline and, if potentially material to the System financial statements, to the Association’s independent public accountant, Funding Corporation General Counsel, Funding Corporation Chief Executive Officer, or System audit committee. You are prohibited from directly or indirectly taking action to fraudulently influence, coerce, manipulate, or mislead the Association's independent public accountant for the purpose of rendering the financial statements of the Association misleading.
You understand that you will be held accountable for adherence to the code of ethics. Your failure to observe the terms of this code of ethics may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Violation of the code of ethics may also constitute violations of law and may result in civil and criminal penalties for you, your supervisors, or the Association.
If you have any questions regarding the best course of action in a particular situation, the Standards of Conduct Officer should be promptly contacted. Any individual contacting the Standards of Conduct Officer may remain anonymous when reporting a possible violation of this Code of Ethics.