Ag Education Teacher Scholarship
Farm Credit East is committed to supporting programs and initiatives that strengthen the Northeast agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products industries. Farm Credit East provides scholarships to teachers attending institutes offered by the Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education (CASE). Through CASE Institutes, teachers successfully complete 50 to 100-hours of intense professional development per course they wish to implement. The skills ag educators acquire through CASE institutes help them to prepare their students with technical skills, critical thinking and problem solving to be the next generation of agriculture industry professionals.
Since 2009, CASE has certified 2,438 teachers from 46 states and the Virgin Islands, including 157 teachers from the Northeast states Farm Credit East serves. Scholarships cover up to 50 percent of the cost of the CASE institute, not to exceed $1,000.
- Educator must teach in school district within Farm Credit East’s eight-state territory: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Educator must teach or will be teaching agricultural or natural resources courses.
- Preference will be given to worthy candidates that are seeking support for the first time.
- Funds will be provided directly to CASE.
- Awards will be made at the sole discretion of Farm Credit East.
The deadline to apply for a 2022 CASE scholarship has passed.
To view the schedule for 2022 CASE institutes, vist CASE4learning.org. All scholarship recipients must register for a 2022 institute by March 1, 2022. If not registered by this date, the scholarship will be forfeited.