Ag Education Teacher Scholarship
Farm Credit East is committed to supporting programs and initiatives that strengthen the Northeast agriculture, commercial fishing and forest products industries. Farm Credit East provides scholarships to teachers attending institutes offered by the Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education (CASE). Through CASE Institutes, teachers successfully complete 50 to 100-hours of intense professional development per course they wish to implement. The skills ag educators acquire through CASE institutes help them to prepare their students with technical skills, critical thinking and problem solving to be the next generation of agriculture industry professionals.
To date, 43 teachers have received CASE Institute scholarships from Farm Credit East, impacting approximately 860 students during a school year. Scholarships cover up to 50 percent of the cost of the CASE institute, not to exceed $1,000.
- Educator must teach in school district within Farm Credit East’s seven state territory: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island. Please note, this excludes Clinton and Essex counties in New York and Cheshire, Coos, Grafton and Sullivan counties in New Hampshire.
- Educator must teach or will be teaching agricultural or natural resources courses.
- Preference will be given to worthy candidates that are seeking support for the first time.
- Funds will be provided directly to CASE.
- Awards will be made at the sole discretion of Farm Credit East.
This year's deadline has passed. Recipients will be notified no later than Tuesday, April 10, 2018.