Northeast Agriculture: 2018 Insights & Perspectives
This report provides an economic analysis and papers on agriculture, commercial fishing and the forest products industry.
In addition to market outlooks for multiple industries, including dairy, grain, vegetables, fruit, greenhouse and nursery, commercial fisheries, and forest products, this report also provides information on crop insurance, consumer buying behavior for ag retailers and an update on the Food Safety Modernization Act.
The report features the following short perspective papers:
- Command & Control - Farm Credit East Chief Business Officers James Putnam and Mike Reynolds
- The Northeast Farm Economy - Farm Credit East Director of Knowledge Exchange Chris Laughton
- Crop Insurance - Crop Growers, LLP Vice President Jeremy Forrett
- Grain & Oilseed Outlook - Dr. Patrick Westhoff, University of Missouri
- 2018 Dairy Outlook - Ben Laine, CoBank
- Nursery & Greenhouse Outlook for 2018 - Dr. Charles Hall, Texas A&M
- Apply Industry Outlook 2018 & Beyond - Desmond O’Rourke, Belrose, Inc.
- 2018 Northeast Vegetable Crops Outlook - Dr. Bradley Rickard, Cornell University
- Controlled Environmental Agriculture (CEA) - Doctors Jie Li and Miguel I. Gómez, Cornell University, provide an overview of controlled environment agriculture.
- Forestry Industry in the Northeast Eric Kingsley, INRS, Maine
- Northeast Commercial Fisheries Outlook - Hank Soule, Sustainable Harvest Sector Cooperative, Maine
- Why the Buy - Chris Wayne, GrowNYC
- Latest Updates on the FSMA Produce Safety Rule - Gretchen Wall, Cornell University