Northeast Agriculture: 2019 Insights & Perspectives
This report provides an economic analysis and papers on agriculture, commercial fishing and the forest products industry.
In addition to market outlooks for multiple industries, including dairy, grain, vegetables, fruit, greenhouse and nursery, commercial fisheries, and forest products, this report also provides information on crop insurance and effective business management.
The report features the following short perspective papers:
- "Fire Fighting" or "Fire Prevention?" Focusing Your Efforts on Preventing Fires Instead of Fighting Them - Farm Credit East Chief Business Officer Mike Reynolds
- The Northeast Farm Economy - Farm Credit East Director of Knowledge Exchange Chris Laughton
- Crop Insurance: An Important Risk Management Tool- Crop Growers, LLP Vice President Jeremy Forrett
- 2019 Dairy Outlook - Ben Laine, CoBank
- Grain & Oilseed Outlook - Dr. Patrick Westhoff, University of Missouri
- Northeast Lobster Industry Outlook - Hank Soule, Sustainable Harvest Sector Cooperative, Maine
- Green Industry Outlook - Dr. Charles Hall, Texas A&M
- Forestry Industry in the Northeast - Eric Kingsley, INRS LLC, Maine
- Apply Industry Outlook 2019 & Beyond - Desmond O’Rourke, Belrose, Inc.
- Northeast Vegetable Crops Outlook - Dr. Bradley Rickard, Cornell University