Greenhouse and Nursery
- Overall, the green industry posted a solid 2019 season, with good spring sales that carried over into summer.
- Reports are that autumn sales have been good, but not outstanding, due to a slow start.
- Wholesale greenhouse operations are seeing year-on-year revenue growth. Profitability should be solid across the industry for 2019.
- Wholesale nurseries are having another strong year of revenue growth and profitability.
- Sod inventory is low and strong demand continues which has supported pricing.
- Garden center retailers continue to post mixed results due to tough competition from chain stores and the aging of their primary customer demographic.
- As with other agricultural sectors, labor supply and cost continues to be a major issue.