Creating certainty for your family
Planning for the future doesn’t have to be complicated or intimidating. By working with a Farm Credit consultant, your family can build a plan that will provide peace of mind. No matter what happens, you can be assured that your loved ones will be taken care of.
Why estate planning is important
- Ensures that your assets will be used to benefit the people you choose.
- Protects your family from difficult, costly or even heartbreaking outcomes.
- Can ensure a comfortable retirement for you and your spouse.
- Lays the groundwork for the next generation to take the reins.
- Provides certainty for your farm and, more importantly, for your family.
How Farm Credit East can help
- Sort out sensitive issues: Any business or estate plan involves many factors: finances, insurance, legal documents and personal feelings. Our consultants are skilled at asking the hard questions to move the process along and put each interested party at ease.
- Stay on track: Businesses are dynamic and evolve year by year: Estate tax laws change; People get married, divorced or become disabled; Babies are born; Children return to the farm. We will review your plan with you annually to help keep your plan on track.
Family business transfers
We will work with you to make an honest assessment of what you will need in retirement with a safe margin, so you don’t sell your retirement years short.
- Develop a successor through Farm Credit East's GenerationNext training program.
- Continuity of the business is a key aspect of every plan.
- Define each family member’s personal responsibility. This gives each member a stake in the future of the business and an understanding of their role in the planning process.
Watch this short video on the benefits of working with Farm Credit East on the transition of your family business.
Interested in more information on estate planning?
Click below to contact a Farm Credit East business consultant with more information on estate planning from Farm Credit East.