After the rise and fall of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are new factors impacting our economy, including inflation, the war in Ukraine and ongoing supply issues. Not to mention continued labor challenges and a new farm bill on the horizon.
In this issue’s cover story, we convened several leading ag economists to understand what’s on the top of their minds and solicit advice for producers as they plan for the year ahead.
- CEO Mike Reynolds describes Farm Credit East’s constant evolution to ensure the cooperative continues to fulfill customer needs into the future.
- Learn more about the director elections process and information on submitting nominations for the Lipinski Rural Initiatives Award in this issue’s News & Views.
- Read a recap of this year’s Customer Appreciation Meetings, including year-to-date association financial results.
- Take a look at Farm Credit East’s newly redesigned website and enhanced customer portal, Farm Credit Connect.
- Hear one Country Living customer’s testimonial about how his mortgage specialist made his dreams a reality.
- Help Farm Credit East celebrate employee milestones, ranging from 5- to 40-years of service.
- See a few winning submissions from our 2023 Agricultural Views calendar contest.
- In The Washington Update, read insights into the recent election and what it means for the 2023 Farm Bill.