Farm Credit East recently released its 2022 Insights & Perspectives report which includes market outlooks for multiple sectors, including dairy, grain and oilseeds, greenhouse and nursery, lobster, forest products, and vegetable crops.
“As we’ve seen in the past two years, Northeast farmers, commercial fishermen and forest products businesses are resilient and continue to think strategically about their businesses and adjust as necessary,” said Mike Reynolds, Farm Credit East CEO. “Farm Credit East has tapped into our network of experts, both internal and external, to produce this year’s report. Our goal is to provide producers with the knowledge and expertise needed to inform their business decisions.”
The report’s first article is an update from Farm Credit East Director of Knowledge Exchange, Chris Laughton, on the state of Northeast agriculture, commercial fishing, and forest products. Following are six short outlook papers from academic and industry thought leaders, including:
- Dairy Outlook by Christopher Wolf, Cornell University
- Grain and Oilseeds Outlook by Zach Harding, The Andersons, Inc.
- Lobster Industry Outlook by Melissa Waterman, Maine Lobstermen’s Association
- Green Industry Outlook by Charlie Hall, Texas A&M University
- Northeast Forest Products Outlook by Eric Kingsley, Innovative Natural Resource Solution LLC
- Northeast Vegetable Crops Outlook by Bradley Rickard, Cornell University