Northeast Agriculture Salute: A salute to producers’ creativity, adaptability and commitment to local communities in a time of crisis
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone has adjusted to new restrictions in almost every area of life. Northeast producers have remained incredibly resilient, and this issue is a salute to producers who continued to support their communities during this time of hardship. This issue’s cover story highlights a dozen operations who adapted their businesses to serve their communities in a safe manner, whether by adjusting operations for a new business environment, finding creative ways to engage customers, pivoting production, giving back to the community or serving their communities on the front lines. From all of us at Farm Credit East, We Salute You.
- Learn about Farm Credit East’s newest Board member, as well as the new Board Chair and Vice Chair.
- In the CEO’s Message, Mike Reynolds highlights the resilience of Northeast producers and Farm Credit East staff.
- Read about Farm Credit East Cares, and its recent donation to support COVID-19 relief efforts in the Northeast.
- Hear from Paul Herrington, a member of Farm Credit East’s appraisal team, on how he has adapted to working from home and becoming a regional specialist assisting customers in completing Paycheck Protection Program applications.
- Learn more about the value of ownership at Farm Credit East, including patronage payments and recent interest rate reductions.
- Tom Cosgrove’s Washington Update provides insight to the federal government’s response to COVID-19, including multiple aid bills passed by Congress.
- Finally, meet this year’s 32 scholarship recipients.